Site Home Forum Home Our Goals Submit Site Contact Us Search FAQ
Escaping America Forum
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Register Here

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: friend4354 Subject: Why is it considered laughable to want or to be a virgin??
Oneinamillion

posted on 10-15-2010 at 19:05 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Why is it considered laughable to want or to be a virgin??

Hi,

Just because our cultural perceptions of viginity and family values have changed over the years why should it be considered humorous to people if they were to hear you want or are a virgin??

To say it's not possible in todays world is one thing.. but to ridicule is another. Years ago it would have been considered normal. However today because you hold something sacred and want to create a life long bond with a woman is foolish in the eyes of most people.. why? Honestly I don't see what there is to mock.. it's a belief I hold dear.

I am not a religious person however I am spiritual.. and perhaps this is part of the reason I feel the way I do. I am considered to be intelligent.. deep.. and a very caring person. I have many friends and am considered to be a very likable guy.. I have everything I could possibly want in life and am very grateful for everything however I do long for that one speacial woman to connect and enjoy life with in marriage..

If anyone would like to share their thoughts I would love to hear them..

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Oneinamillion (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
friend4354

posted on 10-19-2010 at 14:38 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Good questions

Just because our cultural perceptions of viginity and family values have changed over the years why should it be considered humorous to people if they were to hear you want or are a virgin??

--> Because they are jealous of you and want to break you down so that you will also fall into their condition. They have felt the intense pleasure of sex in exchange for their innocence. If they had married first they would be less likely mock you. Marriage entails seriousness. They didn't rent, lease or test her out. They bought. The mockers are care-free, fun-loving, nothing-matters kind of people

To say it's not possible in todays world is one thing.. but to ridicule is another. Years ago it would have been considered normal.

--> It depends on the time and place. Even today there are some societies that find virginity at marriage to be something serious, something to strive for, as something normal.

However today because you hold something sacred and want to create a life long bond with a woman is foolish in the eyes of most people.. why? Honestly I don't see what there is to mock.. it's a belief I hold dear.

--> Complete agreement. I also hold the same belief to be dear. It is tough but I have stayed the course. I hope to somehow meet that one woman some day. So far my well-tested patience has won.

I am not a religious person however I am spiritual.. and perhaps this is part of the reason I feel the way I do. I am considered to be intelligent.. deep.. and a very caring person. I have many friends and am considered to be a very likable guy.. I have everything I could possibly want in life and am very grateful for everything however I do long for that one speacial woman to connect and enjoy life with in marriage..

If anyone would like to share their thoughts I would love to hear them..

--> Great to read your message! I feel like there is someone else out there who understands me!

'
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By friend4354 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Oneinamillion

posted on 10-19-2010 at 16:14 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Very nice reply...

I couldn't agree more..

Excellent link also..

Isn't it strange.. you can openly talk about anything today gay.. lesbian etc. but mention the word virginity and they'll laugh you out of the room with feelings of inadequacy ..

Unfortunately these are my true feelings and if I was to share them with the people I know they would unanimously vote that I need therapy. Actually it would be more of an issue of embarrassment as I said..

I assume you are a male from your post however I will still pray you remain pure until your wedding day..

Thanks for replying...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Oneinamillion (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
friend4354

posted on 10-21-2010 at 07:51 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Hello

Hi One.

Yes, I'm a guy still searching for that special girl who has not given in or sold out. At times it has been tough but I have learned how special I am and have given it a great deal of though. I have learned to think with my head.

We don't hear too much about how people gave up their virginity. A lot of the stories are actually sad ones. Most are very emotional stories with all kinds of feelings remembered.

There is no fool-proof way to ensure that your partner will stay with you long-term, but marriage helps since you are investing more. It comes down to personal integrity. In other times mothers would tell their daughters, "choose very carefully who you marry; you only get one chance". In Western society these days getting married is not such a high-risk proposition. You get plenty of chances.

Nice to meet you!

Friend4354
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By friend4354 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Oneinamillion

posted on 10-21-2010 at 16:02 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Hi Friend...

Nice to meet you too....

When you find that special girl who hasn't given in.. please let me know if she has a sister.. will you??:)

Seriously though I coudn't agree with you more..

Unfortunately.. I have such a hard time understanding how even very religious women do not believe in saving themselves for their life long mate..
however I feel man is just as much if not more to blame.

Society has broken down in such a way that an issue of such significants to some men is no longer respected..

I do have a very difficult time dealing with this issue.. however only with women I am very emotionally involved with..

Thank you

friend4354

posted on 10-22-2010 at 07:35 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
More discussion

Okay, I'll let you know about that sister :-).

I agree with you about religious women. It is amazing how many of them are such dedicated worshippers, yet are not pure. They will argue that they are indeed pure, since now they have repented, or whatever. Frankly, I am not interested in marrying such a woman. I am more interested in a woman who has walked the purity walk her whole life, and not someone who currently is very religious.

You are so right. This subject is of very deep significance, yet Western society has made it banal. Life is for having fun: ha ha ha. Nothing really means anything.

My way of dealing with this issue is dating women, finding out that they are not marriagable for me (often because they had sold out), then breaking up. I also discard many before even getting involved. I am a special man and I demand a woman who is just as special in the same way. It is a tough path I have chosen, but nobody said life was going to be easy :-).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.02 seconds, 13 queries

Marriage Services reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Marriage Services. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Marriage Services