Site Home Forum Home Our Goals Submit Site Contact Us Search FAQ
Escaping America Forum
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Register Here

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Rubi Subject: HOW TO AVOID THE SCAMS
tbochene

posted on 06-21-2003 at 17:55 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
HOW TO AVOID THE SCAMS

Hello gentlemen: My name is Tony Bochene, I'm the moderator of this site. I'm been to Russia many times, am happily married to a Russian gal, and I've written a small book called the "Foreign Bride Travel Guide." For more free, honest and very helpful info please contact our other sites foreignbrideguide.com
and marriageserices.org

Here is the bottom line on most the scams from Russia- They play on the fact that Americans are a bit lazy and into instant gratification, and also that we assume the rest of the world lives their lives through e-mail as we do.
FACT- there is only one computer for every hundred Russians. So be very wary of a site where ALL the girls magically have their own e-mail.
FACT- Most the Russian ladies have to hold down two jobs just to stay in poverty, so where do they get the time to sit at a computer, scanning all these sexy bathing suit photos and answering a hundred e-mails a day?
FACT- Russians in general are much less materialistic and have more personal pride than we do, so a woman who asks you for ANY money is an immediate suspect. Also be very careful with the perfect model types posed in a very skimpy bathing suit. That's what we fishermen refer to as "bait."
FACT- 99.9% of single Russian women CAN NOT get a visitation visa, no matter what they tell you. Fiancee visa is the only way. You have to go there to meet them first.
FACT- Russian ladies are very romantic and most serious girls would prefer a letter and nice photo for the first contact because it is something that you touched.
Start your contacts with good old fashion letter writing campaign and stick with a good reputable American company for your addresses. Right now there are only two trusted reputable companies in the tour and address business. A Foreign Affair, and European Connections. Think in terms of volume for the first contact, meaning send lots of letters, to get only a few responses. Read the letter writing tips provided in my book and on other sites. The e-mail connection will get better but right now, thanks to shady companies who edit contact info and force you to correspond within their "system"it is the most popular and damaging scam.
AVOID ANYTHING THAT SEEMS QUICK AND EASY, AND DON'T SEND MONEY. AND REMEMBER RIGHT NOW E-MAIL IS THE BIGGEST SOURCE OF SCAMS. THE SERIOUS GIRLS WILL TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER YOUR LETTER AND IT WILL PROBABLY BE HAND WRITTEN.
THE SCAM ARTISTS WILL JUST HIT THE "E-MAIL TO ALL" BUTTON ON THEIR COMPUTER. AND HOPE YOU ARE LAZY ENOUGH TO TAKE THE BAIT.
Good luck and keep talking.
Sincerely Tony B.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By tbochene (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
thunder

posted on 07-16-2003 at 09:50 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Comments

I have to strongly disagree with some of the advice given in the above post. First of all it is not impossible for 99% of Russian women to get tourist Visa's, I know plenty of single Russian women who travel to the US and Europe without major hassle.

Also the comment about only using American companies, well I'd expect an American to say something like that, but there are plenty of honest and reliable European companies that provide excellent services and dont try and sell you some overpriced and setup 'romance tour'... plus I think that it should be pointed out that the sites mentioned by tbochene in his post are actually also the owner of this domain name, so its not exactly been honest is it.

Just because someone has been to Russia and has married a Russian doesn't make him a expert. And the moral of the story??? Well just be aware that alot of these 'advice sites' and 'forums' are actually owned by the dating companies themselves, so take the 'advice' given with a pince of salt.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By thunder (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Rubi

posted on 08-07-2003 at 08:29 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Russian scam, scammer and fraud

99% of Russian women, who visit marriage agency first time do not know word 'scam' - there is no analogue in Russian. Some American men think that 99% of Russian dating is scam and all Russian women want money - it is simple and easy - let's talk about spam and say that all Russians are gangsters and scammers. Some weeks ago, there was broadcast shown on TV - about Russian brides scam and there was snapshots with Elena's Models - reputable web-site, owned by Marina Petrova, so no one should be insured against mentioned as scammer.

At the same time men, who really want to marry Russian woman, send letters, make some friends, visit them, make his choice and marry chosen lady. There are multitude examples.

So it is your choice - to talk about scam or to find your Russian bride.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Rubi (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.01 seconds, 10 queries

Marriage Services reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Marriage Services. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Marriage Services